It’s hard to think of Christmas before Halloween, but when you own your own retail store, you have to.
Think about it. Crafts stores start selling their decorations, big toy companies send out their catalogs and web companies plan all year for their big holiday sales.
If the big businesses depend on holiday sales then you should be no different. In order to depend on those sales you have to plan on them.
If you don’t have your plan in place, drop what you are doing and plan now.
- Holiday craft shows for leads. Do a small give away (Satin hands maybe?) to get names in a drawing. Contact those leads right away for holiday makeovers.
- Have holiday gift bundles available at every appointment for easy purchase.
- Offer free gift wrapping and delivery.
- Plan an open house. Perhaps you want to do this with a complimentary retailer, clothing maybe? Her customers get to see what you have and your customers get to see her products as well.
- Have products on hand. Remember you’re not going to sell it if you don’t have it.
Do you have any other great holiday selling ideas? Share them in the comments here or on Facebook, in our user group.